Senior Azure Data Engineer
Data Lidar Ltd. is looking for one of his clients, a well established company, providing wholesale distribution of luxury building products and installation equipment in the Netherlands, but also in Europe, for experienced and ambitious candidates for the position of Senior Azure Data Engineer.
Role description & Responsibilities
- Analyze and implement business requirements, create and maintain functional documentation.
- Design, build, maintain, and document ETL workflows and Azure data pipelines.
- Utilize SQL to perform technical and data analysis or other database maintenance tasks.
- Design, develop, and integrate technical enhancements to the current Data Warehouse solution.
- Work closely with the stakeholders and the business department.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Azure and good understanding of the Azure landscape:
- Networking: vnet, NSG;
- VM & Computing: Windows, Linux;
- Storage: Storage Accounts, Blob, Azure Files, etc.;
- Databases: PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.;
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with Azure Data Factory (ADF) and Azure Databricks.
- Excellent understanding of the BI/DWH/ETL life cycle.
- Knowledge and experience with the popular Data Warehouse modeling techniques: Data Vault, Kimball, Inmon.
- Very good knowledge of PostgreSQL or another RDBMS (MSSQL, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, …)
- Excellent SQL skills and PL/pgSQL (T-SQL, PL/SQL) knowledge.
- Good scripting skills (Amazon CLI/PowerShell/Bash) and experience with a high-level programming language (C#, Java, Python).
- Fluent English, both written and verbal.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Power BI/Tableau is a huge plus.
- Understanding of statistics, predictive modeling, decision trees, and machine learning algorithms is a another big plus.
- Remote or hybrid working model.
- 25 days of paid leave.
- Professional growth.
- Latest technology stack on Azure.
- Work in a young and motivated team.
- Challenging projects and interesting problems.